RIVALS 3.0: How to win?
Hey Coach! There has been a major game-changing update and I've got the inside information that will set you on the path to victory!
RIVALS 3.0 STARTER GUIDE
The most important things for you to know to quickly start and keep winning:
TEAM PLAY BONUS - NOW UP TO 100%
- Play some easy or normal Scrim matches to get your Team Play Bonus up to 100% before you throw yourself into PvP or for the greater rewards of hard Scrim opponents.
- Always check your team's condition. As before, going into a match with low Condition or Team Play Bonus will severely impact your win chances.
NEW TACTIC SYSTEM
- No longer do you need to look for higher Tactic Values or for countering the opponent tactics.
- Tactics instead provide a bonus to PLAYER ATTRIBUTES. Tactic synergies are what matter now: Look for the attributes (like Accuracy or the new Awareness) that are important for your champion’s plays and choose the fitting Tactic to boost them.
PLAYS AND SHOTCALLING
- Each match phase now consists of a series of PLAYS. If you don’t log in to a match, your team will choose the plays based on your tactics - or you can login to the match and choose a play and position on the map during SHOTCALLING.
- This is where your strategy comes into play: You can attack your opponents weak spots or predict their play and build up a defense against it. If your players get comfort picks, they can perform Powerplays! And when your champion composition fits well together, you can even trigger a series of play combos!
- Champions have changed attributes: Their POWER SPIKE matters a lot now. An Early Game champion will kick around Late Game champions with ease in the first two phases but the tables will turn on them at the End of the match. Kills and Farming can affect this balance. You can check a champion’s XP and ITM (Item Level) during the match to see how far they are ahead - or behind!
- The key to winning is picking the right champions with the right plays for your strategy.
- It is crucial that your players have the right PROFICIENCIES to successfully execute the plays:
- Champion Proficiencies will give you access to the POWER PLAY of a champion .
- Class Proficiencies will give you access to the three CHAMPION PLAYS of a champion. These can also trigger as COMBOs to a selected Power Play.
- The role of your player matters, too, though. Not all plays can be executed everywhere - your Jungler won’t be able to push a lane in the early game, e.g. even if his champion is good at it.
RIVALS 3.0 GUIDE MATERIALS
RIVALS 3.0 IN ACTION
Telling you all about the changes is nice, but showing you how this works is even better! Xave Valor, star coach of Jade Siren Gaming, shows you how to win matches:
Want to get even more first hand gameplay tips from our top players? Or have your own guides you want to share to your fellow coaches? Join our official Discord server!