TERMS OF SERVICE Effective Date: March 1, 2019
1. License 1.1. Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant META Games policies, META Games grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Service for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose. The following restrictions apply to the use of the Service: You shall not access the Service if you are under the age of 13; You shall restrict use by minors, and you will deny access to children under the age of 13. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by minors. You are responsible for any use of your credit card or other payment instrument by minors. You shall use the Service only for non-commercial purposes; You shall not use the Service to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk or spam e-mail or repetitive or misleading messages to anyone. You shall not use the Service if you have previously been removed by META Games, or previously been banned from playing any META Games game. META Games reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates the third party's rights. The Service supports one profile per game, tied to the device the game was installed on. There is no possibility to transfer the profile to another device. The profile is automatically created on your first launch of the game. The profile saved on your device will contain all the items, content, progress etc obtained and/or made by you while playing the game or otherwise using the Service. License Limitations Any use of the Service in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license and may subject you to liability for violations of law. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances: Engage in any act that META Games deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service or make improper use of META Games' support services. Sell or buy a device for the express purpose of obtaining or transferring access of the profile created by our games saved on the device. Use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any META Games game or any META Games game experience. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any META Games game without META Games' express written consent. Disrupt, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the normal flow of the Service or otherwise act in a manner that may negatively affect other users' experience when using the Service or playing META Games’ games. This includes win trading and any other kind of manipulation of rankings, taking advantage of errors in the Service to gain an unfair edge over other players and any other act that intentionally abuses or goes against the design of the Service. Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server ("Server") used to offer or support the Service or any META Games game environment. Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person's use or enjoyment of the Service. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by META Games, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service. Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive or engage in ongoing toxic behavior, such as by repeatedly posting information on an unsolicited basis. Post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content. Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including META Games employees, including META Games’ customer service representatives. Make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a META Games employee. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any META Games game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any META Games game using any method not expressly permitted by META Games. Collect or post anyone's private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service. META Games reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or the Service itself. META Games reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your Account and prohibiting you from using the Service in whole or in part.
1.2. Suspension and Termination of Account and Service
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER REMEDIES, META GAMES MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OR PORTIONS THEREOF IF YOU ARE, OR META GAMES SUSPECTS THAT YOU ARE, FAILING TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR FOR ANY ACTUAL OR SUSPECTED ILLEGAL OR IMPROPER USE OF THE SERVICE, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR USER NAME AND PERSONA IN THE SERVICE AS A RESULT OF TERMINATION OF OR ACCESS LIMITATION TO THE PROFILE SAVED ON YOUR DEVICE , AS WELL AS ANY BENEFITS, PRIVILEGES, EARNED ITEMS AND PURCHASED ITEMS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND META GAMES IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY SUCH LOSSES OR RESULTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING OUR OTHER REMEDIES, WE MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SERVICE AND/OR PORTIONS THEREOF, PROHIBIT ACCESS TO OUR GAMES AND SITES, AND THEIR CONTENT, SERVICES AND TOOLS, DELAY OR REMOVE HOSTED CONTENT, AND TAKE TECHNICAL AND LEGAL STEPS TO PREVENT USERS FROM ACCESSING THE SERVICE IF WE BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE CREATING RISK OR POSSIBLE LEGAL LIABILITIES, INFRINGING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ACTING INCONSISTENTLY WITH THE LETTER OR SPIRIT OF OUR TERMS OR POLICIES. ADDITIONALLY, WE MAY, IN APPROPRIATE CIRCUMSTANCES AND AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE ACCOUNTS OF USERS WHO MAY BE REPEAT INFRINGERS OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. META GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR 180 DAYS. META Games reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Service or a particular game or part of the Service at any time, at which point your license to use the Service or a part thereof will be automatically terminated. In such event, META Games shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to users in connection with such discontinued Service. Termination of your access to the Service can include disabling your access to any content you submitted or others submitted.
2. Ownership 2.1. Games and Service All rights, title and interest in and to the Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a META Games game client, and the META Games game clients and server software) are owned by META Games. META Games reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
2.2. Your User Profile NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN YOUR USER PROFILE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR DEVICE, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO IT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF META GAMES.
2.3. Virtual Items META Games owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in META Games’ games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any META Games game, whether earned in a game or purchased from META Games, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.
3.1.1. Content Screening META Games assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. At our discretion, our representatives or technology may monitor and/or record your interaction with the Service or communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service. By entering into these Terms of Service, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications. META Games reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation your User Content) without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time. If at any time META Games chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Service, META Games nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content.
3.2. Information Use by Other Members of the Service 3.2.1. Public Discourse The Service may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. META Games cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don't want others to use, do not post it on the Service. META Games shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit.
3.2.2. Responsible For Your Own Content You are solely responsible for the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Service and that you provide to others. META Games may reject, refuse to post or delete any User Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, User Content that in the sole judgment of META Games violates these Terms of Service.
3.2.3. Your License to META Games You hereby grant to META Games an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to META Games the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to META Games under these Terms of Service. You further hereby grant to META Games the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in your User Content, regardless of whether your User Content is altered or changed in any manner. META Games does not claim any ownership rights in your User Content and nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. META Games has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to your User Content.
3.3. User Interactions You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service and/or META Games games. META Games reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes. You will fully cooperate with META Games to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting META Games access to any password-protected portions of your Account. If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
4. Fees and Purchase Terms 4.1.Purchases In the Service you may purchase, with "real world" money, a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use (a) "virtual currency", including but not limited to virtual cash, Penta Coins, Rivals Coins, all for use in META Games games; (b) "virtual in-game items" (together with "virtual currency", "Virtual Items"); and (c) other goods or services ("Merchandise"). You are only allowed to purchase Virtual Items from us or our authorised partners through the Service, and not in any other way. META Games may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items and/or Merchandise at any time, with or without notice. META Games shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that META Games exercises any such rights. The transfer of Virtual Items and Merchandise is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, purchase, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items or Merchandise to any person or entity or attempt any of the aforesaid, including but not limited to META Games, another user or any third party. ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. The provision of Virtual Items for use in META Games games is a service provided by META Games that commences immediately upon acceptance by META Games of your purchase.
4.2. Payment of Fees You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using a device containing a profile registered to you and containing your data within the Service. META Games may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT META GAMES IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
5. Updates to the Service You understand that the Service is an evolving one. META Games may require that you accept updates to the Service and to META Games’ games you have installed on your device . You acknowledge and agree that META Games may update the Service and META Games games, with or without notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive the Service and play META Games games.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties WITHOUT LIMITING META GAMES’ LIABILITY UNDER SECTION 7 BELOW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. META GAMES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE GAME OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers may not apply to you.
7. Limitation of Liability; Sole and Exclusive Remedy; Indemnification TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, META GAMES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (HOWEVER SUCH LOSSES ARE QUALIFIED), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SERVICE ITSELF, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT META GAMES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, META GAMES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO META GAMES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT A CLAIM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANYTHING TO META GAMES DURING SUCH TIME PERIOD, YOUR SOLE REMEDY (AND META GAMES’ EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY) FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH META GAMES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF ANY CONSUMER OR EXCLUDE OR RESTRICT ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF META GAMES OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM ANY NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD OF META GAMES. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold META Games (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of your use of the Service, or any breach by you of these Terms of Service, however the foregoing does not apply if the infringement of rights is not attributable to your intentional or negligent behavior.
8. Dispute Resolution and Law If a dispute arises between you and META Games, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to our customer support site at https://metagames.gg/support This Agreement is subject to German law (excluding the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods). All disputes arising in connection with this Agreement or its validity shall be finally settled in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) without recourse to the ordinary courts of law, while the number of arbitrators shall be three, the place of arbitration shall be Berlin and the language of the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
10.2. Supplemental Policies META Games may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests or loyalty programs. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms of Service.
10.6. Equitable Remedies
You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms of Service to META Games are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm META Games and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that META Games shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service or any META Games game, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages, limited by Section 7 (if any).
10.7. Force Majeure META Games shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of META Games, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond META Games’ control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.