RIVALS 2.8.0 Patch Notes
We released RIVALS 2.8.0!
This version requires an update of RIVALS from the Google Play store here and App Store for iOS for Brazilian Users. If you don't see the update in the Play Store after the end of the maintenance, try to restart the Google Play app and/or your phone. Google Play doesn't always refresh immediately.
PATCH NOTES RIVALS 2.8.0
This version brings you a bunch of smaller changes, improvements and bugfixes, while we are working on bigger releases for the next months.
Rewards for unused Gear
You can now give away your unused gear to fans and charities instead of just throwing it in the trash. This is not only good for the environment, but it is also a great way for your team to become more famous and popular. Each item you give away will provide you with a little bit of extra fame. The fame you’ll receive depends on the quality of the item. The higher the rarity, level and stats on the item, the more fame it gives you.
We plan to add different rewards to “scrapping gear” in the future, but these solutions will take a while to implement. Therefore we wanted to give the fame reward in the meantime for users whose inventories are running full already.
Gear For Fame
Previously, once you have reached the maximum fame level 60, there was not much point in collecting additional fame. This made Streamers and other sources of fame rewards useless for max-level teams. Therefore, you can now continue to gather fame beyond your max level. Every time you fill the progress bar, instead of a levelup, you will receive a free gear box.
- Added an indicator for available Gaming House Upgrades, so you don’t have to click each room to find out.
- Timers that can be skipped (e.g. for Gaming House and Training Staff) are now marked more consistently.
- Added a special glow on the main menu button if your daily login bonus is still free to collect.
- Moved the daily login bonus to the bottom of the shop screen.
Bot Team Adjustments
Last release we updated our bots. With 2.8. we finish this work with the following changes:
- Bot teams are treated as having the minimal Global Ranking points for each League Level. In this way they can’t be easily farmed by users with a lot of Global Ranking points. When the point difference becomes to big, they don’t give out any additional points, just like a weaker user team would.
- In exchange Bot teams in tournaments are always based on the weakest user team that takes part in the tournament, so they don’t punish anyone.
- Optimized the skill distribution of bot players and the setup of bot teams to be a bit more realistic.
- Normal and hard bot teams now have a bit of Teamplay-Bonus.
- The “Train Tactics” weekly task no longer appears for teams of fame level 35 and above.
- Fixed a bug where multiple Scrim matches could be started at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where some staff slots did not correctly trigger the red notification dot on the main menu button.
- Fixed a bug where recreation activities counted as training sessions for some daily tasks.
- Fixed a bug where multiple Gaming House rooms could be upgraded at the same time. It now works as we originally intended it.
- Removed red colored text from some buy buttons and have it consistently stay black.
- Fixed a bug which made the proficiency icons in the player detail screen positioned differently for every player on the transfer market.
- Fixed a display bug in the fixture screen for new users who haven’t played any league match yet.
In addition we had a hotfix for 2.7.0 earlier, which included:
- Fixed a bug where users of the same fame level but different gaming house upgrades could not play in the same tournament.
- Fixed a bug where the match display got out of synch after switching tactics in a match against other users.